Talbot Heath is an independent girls’ school for ages 3-18 set in pleasant grounds in Bournemouth, with an outstanding academic record. Due to a significant increase in demand for lessons, we are now seeking a further teacher to complement our existing team of peripatetic music staff from January 2024.
The Music Department require an inspirational and enthusiastic Piano Teacher to teach pupils across all key stages at Talbot Heath School. They will be required to plan, resource and arrange high quality individual music tuition on an individual basis and to teach for 14 hours per week.
A relevant musical qualification and teaching experience are essential and a teaching qualification is desirable. The successful applicant will be required to teach a variety of styles and be keen to support school events and potentially accompany pupils for exams when required. The ability to communicate effectively with pupils and colleagues is of the utmost importance.
What we offer:
- As an employee you will enjoy the benefits of working in a peaceful woodland setting, yet only a short distance from the busy town centre with free on-site parking.
- Subsidised lunch served daily in our staff dining room with a freshly cooked daily hot meal and salad bar.
- Discounted membership to the nearby West Hants Club, providing access to superb facilities and easily accessible at lunchtime.
- Complimentary use of our on-site swimming pool for our staff Sunday session.
- Complimentary use of the on-site gym facilities.
- A discount on school fees, for your own children, subject to the school admission process and fee remission policy.
- Supercamps Holiday clubs also offer 50% discount to Talbot Heath Staff.
- Occupational sick pay scheme.
Further details are available within the Job Description.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th October 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
If you require any further information, please contact
Miss A Pittam, HR Manager Tel: 01202 761881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED VIA THE TES ONLINE PORTAL
Talbot Heath School is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. This evidence most be produced at the interview stage of the process.
Talbot Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and has an Equal Opportunity Policy. The successful applicant will require an Enhanced DBS check.
This position will involve regular contact with children and therefore is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exemptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. It is an offence to apply for this role if barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
Talbot Heath is a registered charity (number 283708) existing to provide high quality education for children